2024 OPEN TRYOUTS FOR OUR WOMEN’S TEAMS
Charlottesville Blues FC is excited to announce its upcoming open tryouts, providing a unique opportunity for talented players to impress and earn a coveted spot on the team’s inaugural season roster.
SUNDAY MARCH 10th, 2024 • 3:15 pm – PLAYER CHECK-IN >>>>>> TRYOUTS 4 – 6 PM.
St. Anne’s-Belfield (STAB) Lower Campus Athletic Facilities
Address: 799 Faulconer Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903 (click for directions)
REGISTRATION INFORMATION & WHAT TO BRING
- All players must register here before the tryouts. Note: if you have already registered, you are good to go!
- Check-in will begin 45 minutes before the start of each tryout. Check-in will occur next to the large Charlottesville Blues FC flag near the Stadium Turf field. Tryouts will start on time. If you are late, it will be noted. Note: Check-in is required for both tryouts.
- All players participating in the tryouts will receive a Charlottesville Blues FC tryout t-shirt that has a number on the back. Players will need to wear this tryout t-shirt for each tryout.
- Players will be expected to bring a PHOTO ID. Medical and Media Waivers will be signed on-site during check-in.
- Players must bring an inflated soccer ball, wear shin guards, wear soccer-appropriate clothing, and bring a water bottle (water jugs will be available on-site). Goalkeepers must bring goalkeeper gloves. The weather can be extremely cold/wet this time of the year. Please double-check the weather and plan accordingly.
- Certified Athletic Trainers and Medical personnel will be on site.
- It is strongly recommended that players attend both tryouts. If a player can’t attend either tryout, please get in touch with email@example.com.
- Players are responsible for all travel-related reservations and fees.
NOTE: Charlottesville Blues FC is not responsible for NCAA eligibility.
Charlottesville Blues FC’s coaching staff will assess all players participating in the tryouts. This presents a golden opportunity for aspiring players to catch the eye of the coaches and potentially secure a roster spot within the newest franchise in the USL 2 and USL W PATH2PRO leagues.
Prospective participants should arrive at St. Anne’s-Belfield fully prepared to demonstrate their technical skills, tactical understanding, and overall soccer abilities. We strongly recommend that all players warm up independently before the coaching staff begins the tryouts.
Charlottesville Blues FC will create rosters of up to 40 players per team. There will be a First Team and a Second Team. Twenty-two players will be announced to the First Team Home matchday rosters (eighteen will dress for the match, with four participating within the team for experience). Eighteen players will be announced to the First Team Away matchday rosters. Players not selected to First Team matchday rosters will continue to train AND play in another league or other matches. This will allow all players to maintain matchday fitness and be prepared to play for the First team. More information will follow after announcing Charlottesville Blues FC’s USL W and USL 2 rosters.
Head Coaches reserve the right to add players to the roster anytime. Charlottesville Blues FC will announce when rosters are full via email communications, social media, and www.CharlottesvilleBluesFC.com.
Parking. All players may park in the parking lot in front of the Stadium Turf field. However, if this parking lot is full, overflow parking is available near the grass soccer field (located to the right when driving in towards the Stadium) or by following the road around the Stadium Turf field and parking in the back lot (players will need to walk up to the field).
Inclement Weather. In the event of postponement or cancellation of the tryouts due to inclement weather, please check www.CharlottesvilleBluesFC.com and all Charlottesville Blues FC social media channels: Instagram, Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), and TikTok.
Open or Closed Tryouts? Tryouts #1 and #2 will be closed to the public. Additional tryouts may be open to the public. Charlottesville Blues FC will announce more information through social media. Please follow us on Instagram, Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), and TikTok.
Reminder! All interested players must register in advance to secure their spot and avoid disappointment due to limited availability.